Petish is a word that means to show contempt or scorn for someone.
1. pettish – irritable, peevish, petulant, techy, testy, tetchy, scratchy, nettlesome, peckish, cranky, fractious; “an incorrigibly fractious young man”; “not the least nettlesome of his countrymen” irritable and nasty – a person who is ill-tempered.
What is Petish in this context?
Petish. Suggestion for a new word Excessive irrational attachment to a person’s pet. DavedWachsman submitted this on July 22, 2012.
The issue then becomes, what does it mean to be petty? adjective. Petty is a word that refers to anything that is relatively insignificant or minor. Cash kept on hand for very small purchases is an example of petty. Someone who is petty is someone who is preoccupied with little matters. A person who becomes enraged when someone accidently walks on their foot is an example of petty.
Taking this into account, what does Pettishly imply?
angry or upset quickly Cranky, irritable, nettlesome, peckish, peevish, petulant, scratchy, techy, testy, tetchy ill-natured are synonyms. having an angry and unappealing demeanor
What does it mean to be cantankerous?
adjective. Cantankerous is defined as someone who is irritable, grumpy, or looking for a fight. A grumpy old man who lives on your street is an example of cantankerous, as he is constantly watching the neighborhood kids for something to yell at them about.
Answers to Related Questions
What does the word jauntily imply?
more flamboyant, flamboyantly flamboyantly flamboyantly flamboyantly flamboyantly flamboyantly flamboy 1. Exuding a buoyant or self-assured air: a jaunty smile; a hat worn at a jaunty tilt. 2. vivacious; vivacious: a jaunty tempo; music with jaunty beats.
What are the signs that someone is petty?
11 Characteristics of a Petty Friend
- They make a huge deal out of everything and make sure you know it.
- They are vengeful, but in a subtle and elegant way.
- Even if they are at fault, they will never accept it.
- They’ll hold a grudge, but they’ll keep it civil.
- You may not realize they are “enraged” with you, but they are.
Is it possible to be petty and infantile at the same time?
Having or displaying the bothersome traits (such as silliness) associated with youngsters. Petty and juvenile have a conceptual connection. In certain circumstances, “Petty” may be used instead of the adjective “Childish.”
What is another word for petty?
Mickey Mouse, de minimis, footling, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insignificance, insign minute, niggling, no-account, nominal, tiny, peanut, picayune, piddling, piddly, pimping, minor, trifling, trivial
What steps do I need to do to become af petty?
You’ve mastered the art of being petty AF if you’ve mastered these 17 signs.
- You can do a better job at rolling your eyes and flipping your hair than anybody you know.
- You cast a greater amount of shadow than a solar eclipse.
- You’re a master of sarcasm.
- You preserve all of your receipts.
- You’re not afraid to put folks in their place.
- You’re a sucker for a good subtweet.
- You, on the other hand, thrive on direct confrontation.
- You’re always calling people out on their nonsense.
What is the definition of petty behavior?
adjective [typically ADJECTIVE of a verb-link] When you call someone’s behavior petty, you’re implying that they’re too concerned with little details and may be unduly cruel. [disapproval] He was petty and obsessive about the smallest of details. That attitude strikes me as petty.
How do you go about being petty?
I want to make sure we all know how to be petty in order to keep the pettiness going.
- Examine the situation. That is, it is a minor circumstance.
- Sulk quietly to yourself. Wow, you must have been starving and looking forward to that Hot Pocket.
- Create a strategy.
- Take action.
- Be rational in your approach.
What leads a person to be petty in the first place?
Pettiness is usually insecurity disguised as pettiness.
But, more often than not, the petty person is venting frustrations related to some unrelated insecurity or unhappiness. It is not about you when someone becomes enraged or offended at you over something tiny and unimportant.
What is the polar opposite of petty?
“disgusted by their small-minded pettiness”; “petty little comments” Synonyms: broad-minded, senior, significant, significant. Junior-grade, piddling, trivial, picayune, footling, lowly, petty(a), lilliputian, subaltern, small-minded, fiddling, secondary, lower-ranking, little, piffling, niggling Synonyms: junior-grade, piddling, trivial, picayune, footling, lowly, petty(a), lilliputian, subaltern, small-minded, fiddling, secondary
Is there such a thing as pettiness as an emotion?
Shame, like petty rage and vindictiveness, is a depressing emotion. You may feel better if you learn not to feel spite, petty wrath, or guilt, but you may lack the desire to complete difficult undertakings. It’s possible that the demons will leave you alone, which is a relief.