Veganism isn’t just a trend… but a lifestyle dedicated to saving more lives, so congratulations on your first step to saving the world!
Your decision will not only help your body but also reduce your carbon footprint. But this is an extremely challenging path as it’s tough to hold your cravings!
Of course, you can’t forget your noble choice for that. So, follow this guide to make your veganism journey fun and delicious.
Different vegan Milk
Since most people drink cow milk, changing everything at once is difficult for anyone… yup, you’re not alone on this journey, bud. But don’t worry, as you have plenty of alternatives available to help you with your journey like these
● Soya Milk: As you guessed, the origin of this milk is Soybeans or soy protein. This milk contains thickeners and vegetable oils to improve taste and consistency. It is a close alternative to cow milk.
● Almond milk: Almond milk is produced either from whole almonds or almond butter and water. The sweet and nutty flavor makes this drink more interesting. Almond milk contains the lowest calories of any other non-dairy milk, which is great for fitness enthusiasts.
● Coconut Milk: Coconut milk is made from water and the soft and crunchy white flesh of the coconut. The subtle taste of coconut is noticeable in this milk. If you are eager to reduce your carbon intake, consider switching to this milk, as it has the lowest protein and carbohydrates.
● Oat Milk: Manufactures use a mixture of oats, water, gums, oils, and salt to produce Oat milk. This milk is rich in fiber and beta gluten which makes you feel full and lowers blood sugar levels.
● Cashew Milk: This kind of milk comprises a mixture of Cashew nuts or butter and water. Cashew milk is one of the best options for diabetic people. You can even produce this milk at home.
● Rice Milk: Rice Milk is made up of brown rice and its syrup and is high in carbohydrates. If you’re allergic to the mentioned milk types, you can switch to this milk easily.
If you crave candies, the best bet in your veganism journey is Vegan lollies. These candies do not contain any kind of artificial color, flavor, sweeteners, GMO, or high fructose corn syrup.
These delicious treats are absolutely Gelatine free. The main ingredient of Vegan lollies is wheat.
These little miracles can do wonders with varieties of dishes. It is the best substitute for meat as they have vitamins like B1, B2, B5, B6, B23, D, selenium, zinc, etc.
Most importantly, mushrooms do not have fat and carbohydrates in them. The natural antioxidant of mushrooms washes out any toxin from your body.
Try crimini or oyster mushrooms to taste the luscious meat flavor in them. Stir fry mushroom with various vegetables, cook curries, or grill it, and you have your special exotic dish right from your kitchen! Here in kathysvegankitchen.com, this vegan stuffed mushroom recipe allows you to pick your stuffing based on your savory desires. The recipe is perfect for a weeknight meal or a holiday dinner with various ways to stuff them.
Tofu – a famous cheese substitute–is made of soybean curd. Manufacturers heat the soybean in water with calcium and magnesium salt to make the curd. When the curd is ready, they press it into blocks which are tofu.
It’s great as a dessert. Like any other vegan food, this is also healthy and nutritious for your body with the richness of omega fatty acids, calcium, and iron. Tofu consumption also decreases blood cholesterol and the risk of heart disease.
If you loved eating chicken during your non-vegetarian phase and now you miss it badly, try jackfruit recipes. It goes well with tacos or sandwiches.
Further, 100gm of jackfruit bulbs also provides 95 calories. The fructose and sucrose in jackfruit boost your energy level and leave you feeling fresh and ready for a new day.
Its fiber element helps eliminate cancer-causing chemicals in the colon. Vitamin A improves optical functions and also safeguards your lungs from cancer. And the best part is that you can get really creative with jackfruit dishes.
Over to you
Though the journey is tough, these ingredients can’t add the right flavor and make your favorite non-vegetarian substitute foods. Additionally, while consuming vegan food, don’t forget to drink water frequently and fill your plate with iron-rich foods.